One of the most common questions I get is how to get on Preferred Vendor Lists, and I’ve brought on the owner of Rachael Ellen Events to personally answer your questions and teach you the do’s and don’ts of connecting with wedding planners. What are you waiting for? Push play already!
- Don’t start with Destination weddings. It’s important to master your craft in your local market first. This allows you to refine your style and figure out the industry.
- When you start doing destination weddings you’re introducing a new currency, language, and time zone.
- Define your style and hone in on that in your marketing in order to attract your dream clients.
- Don’t be afraid to niche down. You need to be able to repel the people who aren’t right for you in order to attract the right people.
- Take the time to get to know a planner. Sending an email with your pricing PDF isn’t enough to become a preferred vendor on their list.
- Choose 2 or 3 planners that your style, ideal budget, and clientele aligns with and get to know them.
- Don’t DM planners – take the time to send an email. Professionalism is key!
- Be so good they can’t ignore you!
- Planners have to have some way to know that you’re a hard worker, team player, and will deliver gorgeous results. Build content together to build trust!
- Be honest with yourself about what you’re good at and hire out the elements that are not your strong suit.
- Don’t be afraid to hire help because you think you can’t afford it. What if spending a couple hundred dollars a month on an assistant could bring in a couple thousand dollars a month?
Reach out to 5 people this week and make plans to meet up with them!