From a gated community to a double-wide in the countryside, Alexandria Smith shares her story of transformation and what it taught her about success, intentionality, gratitude, and living a nourishing life. Take a listen to D’Arcy and Alex’s conversation to gain perspective and learn some ways to nurture yourself, your family, and the community around you.
Ways to Nurture Your Life:
- Getting up before everyone else in your home and spending time is a great way to set a good foundation for the rest of your day
- Take on less so you can pour more into the intentional things and people in your lives
- Times of nothingness allow you to dream and imagine. Take time to appreciate the beauty of simple, everyday things.
- Make your meals an experience of nourishing your bodies for your family rather than a to-do
- Set boundaries for yourself and the different parts of your day.
- Take the pressure off yourself to get a ton of likes on social media. Instead, strive to connect intentionally with 5 people during your social media time.
- Don’t try to always fix things. Filling your time with these types of activities can leave you feeling unfulfilled.
- “I will keep my eyes and heart open to seeing the magic in the mundane.”
- “I will embrace what is true. I will release what is not.”
- “Let what wants to flow into your life, flow, and what wants to go out of your life, go.”
- “I have control over what THEIR day will feel like.” (For motherhood)