I’ve read all the things on the internet about an impending recession. But what if your mindset was RECESSION PROOF. What if your business was so intentional and systematic that no economic event could touch it with a ten foot pole?
Successful people beat the odds all the time. Do you have what it takes to be someone who constantly proves the naysayers wrong?
Anything is possible when you believe it. When you embody it. When you show up and do it. Hit play to hear my top 5 things you can do to recession-proof your business.
1. Be in Receptive Mode
- When we start hearing about economic events like a recession we close ourselves off.
- What excuses are you telling yourself that are keeping you from reaching your goals?
- People only become wealthy when they’re willing to take risks.
- Oftentimes we don’t recognize our own contraction and fear in relation to the contraction and fear of the world around us.
- My own coach taught me this exercise. When you’re feeling fear or anxiety about something, ask yourself: “Is this mine? Or is this a response to the state of the world around me?”
- If you have the confidence and belief that you have control over your own business and income, there is nothing to be fearful of.
2. Be in Creative Mode
- Be in touch with your own magic and confident in your abilities.
- You cannot survive and thrive at the same time. Being in survival is being in fight or flight mode (not creative.)
- Oftentimes when we’re not confident with our own abilities we will copy or mimic what we see other people doing.
- What is your magic? How do you portray it? How do you sell it? When you’re able to solve a problem, you’ll always be able to make money.
- One exercise we do in the Self Made Mastermind is identifying what your main Archetype is. This helps us understand what your magic or uniqueness is and how we can package and sell that.
- The 4 Main Archetypes: Queen, Warrior, Magician, Lover
3. Have a Cash Map
- Have a plan for where your money will come from and how you’ll sell it.
- One of the first things we do in the Self Made Mastermind is create a map to bringing in your money.
- We identify what you’re selling, how much you should sell it for, what your messaging should be, and how often you should sell it.
- Increasing your income doesn’t always mean more clients or customers. How can you make what you’re selling more efficient so that you’re doing less for more money?
4. Utilize Paid Traffic
- Don’t be afraid of Facebook and Instagram ads!
- Paid ads are an important tool to invest in not only to grow your audience, and ultimately your income, but paid ads are an AMAZING source of data that you can then utilize in your messaging and offer creation.
- We believe in learning and managing ads yourself first. It’s important that the person running your ads understands your ideal client and offer so intimately, and no one understands them more than YOU.
- We cover Instagram and Facebook Ads in the Self Made Mastermind if you need more support!
5. Remember: Luxury Offers Sell, Even During a Recession
- It’s important to remember that having a cheaper offer isn’t the solution to making money in a recession.
- The truth is, you need to reframe your messaging so that you’re speaking to RECESSION-PROOF PEOPLE!
- Recession-proof people are the ones who aren’t fearful of taking risks and making investments.
- The answer isn’t giving discounts or lowering your prices… The key is understanding your magic, how to sell it, and who you’re selling it to.
If you want to recession-proof your business and get on the fast-track to growth in the second half of 2022, then apply or register for the Self Made Mastermind.
For more ways to listen to this episode – CLICK HERE!
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Sarah Nicole Landry (@thebirdspapaya)
The 5 Biggest Mistakes That Brands Make with Dr. Chelsea Shields
Black Panther Movie
Why a Mastermind Is The Crucial Next Step for Your Business with Julie Solomon
Making Room for Magic and Pivoting Your Passions
HOT SEATS: Creating Luxury Work in Covid Times