Take a minute to imagine your dream job. Where are you? France? Italy? California? Who are you working with? Who are you serving? I want you to keep this dream job in mind while you listen to this episode where I interview internationally famous photographer, Greg Finck. He shares his secrets to breaking into the luxury market of your dreams so that YOU can use them to break into the luxury market of YOUR dreams! How cool would it be if it wasn’t just a dream anymore? Are you ready? Hit play.
- Serve your fellow vendors: Send your photos of weddings to the vendors, including the venue. When you do this, you are more likely to be referred by these vendors.
- Be specific: Curate your website and marketing specifically around the locations you want to shoot, and the type of clientele you want to shoot.
- Invest your money in shooting in those locations to build that portfolio.
- Have the confidence to say no to collaborations that aren’t going to push you towards your goals.
- Being targeted on the type of clients you take allows you to curate your portfolio even more to your dream clients.
- Ask yourself: Is what you’re doing right now different from other people? What is the value that you create for your market?
- Instead of investing your money and time on multiple styled shoots per year, invest that money in one really strong campaign for your brand that represents and targets your dream clients.
- Sometimes collaborations aren’t 100% in-line with what you want to put out there. Instead, INVEST in vendors and details that speak to your brand completely.
- Create content that differentiates you! Build on your strengths and highlight those. Make it part of your marketing plan.
- Reinvent yourself EVERY YEAR. What sets yourself apart one year might be too “trendy” the next year. You constantly have to keep growing and bringing new things to the table to set yourself apart.
- Have daily rituals to keep you focused on your path. Identify the 3 main tasks every day that are going to add value to your business.
- Have boundaries on what you spend your time on. If responding to DMs or scrolling on Instagram isn’t going to help you move forward, find something else to spend time on that is. Be intentional!
Check It Out: