Feeling stuck, blah, or just kind of boring in your creative field? In this episode, D’Arcy’s serving up the kick in the pants you need to get out of the same old rut you’ve been creating in, and digging deep into your experiences to tell a more unique story. A story that will reflect who you really are, resonate with your audience, and will be recognized as your work in a sea of look-alike portfolios. Are you ready for it?
- You need to start by analyzing what you’re not speaking out about, and then SPEAK OUT ABOUT IT. Simple as that.
- Find a way to infuse your stories, experiences, and controversial ideas into your work.
- Eliminate the habit of looking at other people’s work so you’re not emulating it.
- Get rid of the belief that you’re stuck creatively, and that you haven’t found your voice. Go back through your work and analyze it. Does it look like other people’s work?
- I challenge you to go out and create something that is outside of the box.