Self-awareness is the practice of knowing what habits you have that are keeping you from your goals, and the action you take to rid yourself of those habits. Today on Play It Brave, D’Arcy dives into the 5 things you can do to become more aware of how you’re limiting yourself, and what you can do to change that so that you can become happier and more fulfilled in your life and business!
- The first step to becoming more self-aware is meditation. There’s nothing better to get you into the present moment.
- Be Introspective: (asking yourself questions), but instead of asking “why,” ask “what” Ex: “Why am I failing at booking clients?” TO “What can I try this week, to become more present with my current system of how clients are coming into my business, that I can take action and control over?”
- Active Listening: instead of planning what you’ll say next, actually listen and pay attention to their body language.
- Actually interact with other people, and when you put the time and energy into paying attention to other people, other people will start paying more attention to you. (i.e. Clients!)
- Trust your Intuition: listen to your inner feelings, they’re there for a reason.
- Make rules for yourself and stick to them. Ex: no more complaining
- Don’t let your fear-based thoughts get confused with intuition and talk you out of making the necessary changes
- Self-awareness is about what are we doing right now that is keeping us from our goals, and what can we do that will lead us towards that.